Struggling to concentrate? Don’t know where to start? Always seem busy but never getting anything done?! Read on..
- Allocate times for each tasks. Set aside periods that you answer your emails and take calls and then other times that you don’t take either. Put your phone on silent, close down your emails and focus on the task in hand.
- Say no! Know when to say no. Balance your work load and understand when things are getting too much. Don’t be afraid to say no. Remember that you’re judged on the quality of your work not spending 70 hours at the desk.
- Spend 10 minutes each morning writing a list of everything you have on that day. At the end of the day spend another 10 minutes going through and checking things off. If you didn’t get something done ask yourself what you can do better the next day. Be realistic!
- Exercise – Aside from the obvious physical benefits, exercising can greatly help mentally. It gives you a chance to relax, gives you more energy and helps you sleep better.
- Learn how to breathe! When you’re stressed your heart rate gets higher and we start to sweat… Take deep breathes. Focus on each breath and take a minute to refocus.
- Take breaks – At least every 90 minutes take a break. Make a cup of tea. Stretch your legs, read a few pages of a book. You’ll come back fresher and more productive.
- Eat regularly – Little and often. Have healthy food on your desk to graze on, seeds, apples, rice cakes and drink lots of water. There is nothing will reduce your productivity more than a head ache from lack of food!